Experienced cGMP cell therapy specialist with a demonstrated history of working in the healthcare biotech. Skilled in Cell and Gene Therapy, Phase I/II Clinical Trials, CAR-T, Tech Transfer, and Data Analysis. Strong process development and GMP manufacturing professional with a Master of Science (MS) focused in Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering.
Senior Associate Scientist, Process Development
2021 – present
Allogeneic CAR-T process development and tech transfer.
- Enhanced CAR-T manufacturing technologies
- Implemented and characterized scalable processes
Associate Scientist, GMP Process Development
2018 – 2021
Autologous CAR-T process development and tech transfer at Stanford Center for Cancer Cell Therapy.
- Led technology transfer from PD lab to cGMP site
- Led development activities for first-in human CAR-T clinical trial processes
- Developed batch records, SOPs, RMSs, WIs
- Performed multicolor flow cytometry and utilized Cytoflex, BD Fortessa, FACSDiva, FlowJo, GraphPad
Clinical Process Development and Manufacturing Professional II
Process development and manufacturing cell therapeutics in cGMP environment for Phase I/II cancer clinical trials at the Stanford Laboratory for Cell and Gene Medicine.
- Manufactured CAR-T cell therapeutics for cancer clinical trials in cGMP cleanrooms as operator, verifier, and trainer
- Designed and performed complex components for optimization, troubleshooting, and process development
Santa Clara University
2016 – 2018
- Implemented bioengineering laboratory policies (aseptic cell culture training, equipment training, safety training)
- Managed inventory, developed SOPs, oversaw undergraduate students
- Cell and Gene Therapy
- Process Development
- Tech Transfer
- Clinical Trials
- Cell Therapy Manufacturing
MS, Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering, GPA 3.90
BS, Biochemistry, GPA 3.95
Engineered Exosomes for the Delivery of Bioactive Cargo Using Transmembrane VSV-G B Lu, D Levy, MA Do, US Patent 16/900,3832020
Targeted delivery of lysosomal enzymes to the endocytic compartment in human cells using engineered extracellular vesicles MA Do, D Levy, A Brown, G Marriott, B Lu, Nature, Scientific reports 9 (1), 1-11102019
Orchestrating extracellular vesicle with dual reporters for imaging and capturing in mammalian cell culture D Levy, MA Do, J Zhang, A Brown, B Lu, Frontier Molecular Biosciences, provisionally accepted
Decoy exosomes as a novel biologic reagent to antagonize inflammation N Duong, K Curley, A Brown, A Campanelli, MA Do, D Levy, A Tantry, International Journal of Nanomedicine 14, 3413172019
Sequential deletion of CD63 identifies topologically distinct scaffolds for surface engineering of exosomes in living human cells N Curley, D Levy, MA Do, A Brown, Z Stickney, G Marriott, B Lu, Nanoscale Journal 12 (22), 12014-1202632020
Mai is married, has a baby girl Emily, and 2 shiba inu puppies Becky and Pocky.
Together with her husband David, they recently started a foundation to help international students through providing scholarships and mentorship. Read more about Mai Anh Do & David Nguyen Foundation at https://maidavid.org